Reporter Bursaries (BSMB meetings)
These bursaries are given under the condition that the recipient participates in the production of a short report of the meeting. Full details of the size and scope of the report will be provided by the Chair of the BSMB bursary committee (see below).
Any member of the BSMB may apply for this type of bursary, although preference will be given to non-tenured scientists at early stages of their career (ie PhD students and applicants less than 6 years post-doc).
- Applicants should have been a member of the BSMB for at least 4 months (122 days) prior to the opening (first day) of the meeting
- Applicants must participate (ideally together with other bursary recipients) in producing the written report of the conference, which will appear online and in IJEP. Reports should be submitted within 1 month of the end of the conference. Examples of previous reports are available on the Articles and Reports Pages
- The maximum that can be claimed is £200. All costs must be supported by original receipts.
- The application should be accompanied by a one page curriculum vitae. Applicants may use the enclosed pro-forma CV
- The 'Support statement' should be limited to a statement from your supervisor (if appropriate) that he/she is willing for you to attend the meeting and subsequently prepare a written report.
The deadline for receipt of bursaries applications will be noted on the meeting information page. The applications will be reviewed rapidly by the Committee and applicants will be informed of the outcome in advance of the meeting registration deadline. Bursaries will be paid by the Society Treasurer once the report of the meeting has been received.