These bursaries will be given to the more junior members of the society who are presenting their own research data at the meeting.
- Applicants should have been a member of the BSMB for at least 3 calendar months prior to the opening (first day) of the meeting. Membership subscription status should be up-to-date at the time of sending in the application.
- Applicants should be non-tenured scientists, although preference will be given to those at the early stages of their career (ie PhD students or up to 6 years post-doc)
- Applicants must be contributing a poster at the meeting. This applies even if the abstract is selected for oral presentation.
- The maximum that can be claimed for the forthcoming meeting is £250. Bursaries will be paid by the Society Treasurer at or soon after the meeting, upon presentation of receipts.
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted on a current Bursary form
- Applications should be sent to Qing-Jun Meng, Chair of the BSMB bursary committee
- The application should be accompanied by a copy of the abstract to be presented at the meeting and a one page curriculum vitae. Applicants may use the enclosed pro-forma CV.
The deadline for receipt of bursaries applications will be noted on the meeting information pages of the website . The applications will be reviewed rapidly by the Committee and applicants will be informed of the outcome in advance of the meeting registration deadline. Bursaries will be paid by the Society Treasurer at or soon after the meeting.